Self-care is more than just naps.
The New Year can often cause us to take on too much too soon. In order to find balance, Suz breaks down how to determine what practices help you maintain your focus & energy and how to ensure you turn those practices into daily habits .
- A note for music-preneurs re: creativity [01:40]
- New Parents vs. Music-Preneurs [03:16]
- Danika Brysha’s Daily Self-Care Routine [04:02]
- Important tip to remember when creating a routine [05:10]
- Charles Duhigg’s tip about habits [05:41]
- Routines vs. Reality [07:52]
- Creating your own routine [09:30]
Decide what you need to do each day to feel recharged & focused to take on the day!
- Theme music brought to you by DC-based Indie/Pop band Sub-Radio
- More episodes can be found here
- You can download a copy of the episode’s transcript here
- Want to Be Creative on Purpose? NYT article by Carl Richards is here
- Carl Richard’s The Behavior Gap Radio episode re: schedules is here
- Charles Duhigg’s The Power of Habit can be found here
- Danika Brysha discusses her daily self-care routine here
- Danielle LaPorte created a daily ritual worksheet here
Thanks for listening!
If you liked what you heard, help get this podcast in front of others by subscribing, rating, and leaving a review using your favorite podcast app 😉