People who pay, pay attention.
Rick Barker leaves it all on the table – what the biggest thing holding musicians back is, why he doesn’t work for free, and why he stopped making it about the money & started making it about expectations & results.
- Why Rick doesn’t consider himself an “expert” on social media
- Why he’d like the “weak musicians” to get out of the way
- What he believes is so powerful about social media
- What his sole focus is in 2020
- Why he chooses to help independent musicians
- What he believes is musicians’ biggest struggle
- His favorite part of working in the music industry
- What Rick’s 2020 looks like & what he’s most proud of right now
- What his biggest struggle has been as a music-preneur
- The lesson he’d go back and tell his younger self
- The super power he’d like to have
- 3 musicians Rick would invite to dinner
- His actionable for YOU this week: Connect with him on Social Media!
- Theme music brought to you by DC-based Indie/Pop band Sub-Radio
- More podcast episodes can be found here
- You can download a copy of the episode’s transcript here
- Subscribe to Rick’s podcast – The Music Industry Blueprint – here
- Subscribe to his YouTube Channel here
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Sign up for Rick’s Social Media Training here!
Thanks for listening!
If you liked what you heard, help get this podcast in front of others by subscribing, rating, and leaving a review using your favorite podcast app 😉