How can I be of service?
Robonzo, a musician who’s made a career from gigging and coaching others on how to do the same, shares his secrets on how to build a sustainable career doing what you love and how to take action before you’re ready.
- His biggest lesson from playing so many live shows
- How he stays focused on serving at live shows
- How he prepares for shows
- His journey from gigging musician to author and coach
- Tips for booking:
- Reach out in Facebook musician communities that are local to the areas you want to play
- Continue to build your email list and ask your audience for help, as Shannon Curtis does
- Ask your fellow musicians for help!
- Getting out of the “starving musician” mindset:
- Hire a coach to work with
- Focus on the basics and take action on them
- Step back and take a break when needed
- The lesson he’d go back and tell his younger self
- The super power he’d like to have
- 3 musicians Robonzo would invite to dinner
- His actionable for YOU this week:
- SEEK HELP! From a coach, peers, anywhere. Identify where you need help and speak up and ask for that help.
- Theme music brought to you by DC-based Indie/Pop band Sub-Radio
- More podcast episodes can be found here
- You can download a copy of the episode’s transcript here
- Subscribe to Robonzo’s podcast – The Unstarving Musician – here
- Listen to our interview on HIS podcast here
- Subscribe to his YouTube Channel here
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Thanks for listening!
If you liked what you heard, help get this podcast in front of others by subscribing, rating, and leaving a review using your favorite podcast app 😉