From Banker to Mentor.
Tommy Zee shares his journey from banker and part-time DJ to full-time music producer and creative director for some of the world’s biggest brands, lets us in on how he builds trust with his audience and reminds us to jump before we’re ready.
- Why it’s important to have a clear, crisp, and compelling bio
- How he quit his job as a successful banker and went from DJ-ing to landing his first scoring job for a major brand
- Why it’s important to tell your network what you’re working on
- How to pitch to music production houses
- Why he decided to start mentoring other musicians
- How he made over $20k off his first masterclass launch
- The lesson he’d go back and tell her younger self
- The super power he’d like to have
- 3 musicians Tommy would invite to dinner
- His actionable for YOU this week:
- Take a day to go through your old projects on your hard drive(s) and put all of the pieces that resonate with you into one folder. Study the similarities and use this to being to build your portfolio.
- Theme music brought to you by DC-based Indie/Pop band Sub-Radio
- More podcast episodes can be found here
- You can download a copy of the episode’s transcript here
- Check out Tommy’s work here
- Download Tommy’s Making Music For Brands 40-pg freebie
- Sign up for his FREE training w/ access to his masterclass here
- Should you decide to purchase his masterclass after the training, use code rockstar30 at checkout to get 30% off!
- Connect with Tommy on Instagram or Facebook
Thanks for listening!
If you liked what you heard, help get this podcast in front of others by subscribing, rating, and leaving a review using your favorite podcast app 😉